From Friday, April 1, the Vestfjörður Health Institute will only offer PCR sampling.
Ísafjörður: Wednesdays at 13 in the container outside the hospital [rev. July 8, 2022]
Patreksfjordur: Wednesdays at 11:30 in the container in front of the hospital. [rev. July 8, 2022]
Symptomatic sampling: Those with symptoms that indicate that the person has Covid-19 can book a sample collection on my pages on the Heilsuvera website. You can seek help in booking symptomatic sampling at Heilsuveru's online chat. There is no charge for this service.
Travels: Those who need to undergo PCR sampling due to travel can book the sampling on the web travel.covid.is. The sampling and the certificate cost ISK 7,000. Those who need to take a rapid test due to travel can book a sampling at hradprof.is or testcovid.is. Travelers are encouraged to pay attention to tests before departure and apply for this service in Reykjavík.
More information can be found at covid.is.
Visiting restrictions and mask use
Updated April 1st
Do not visit or enter the institution if any of the following applies:
- You are infected with Covid-19 according to home test, rapid test or PCR test.
- It has been less than 5 days since you had symptoms of Covid-19.
- You have symptoms that may be the least suspected of being Covid-19, such as cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, headache, abdominal pain, bone pain or fatigue.
Masks are mandatory for all clients entering the facility and employees while caring for patients in close proximity.
Hospital in Ísafjörður
People with flu-like symptoms or confirmed infection are not allowed to visit.
It is recommended that visiting guests only visit inside the rooms of their loved ones.
Healthcare and other services
Masks are compulsory in health care and other places where it is not possible to maintain a distance of one meter.
The web chat in the bottom right corner of Covid.is has the answers at hand general questions.
News and announcements related to Covid-19
- Vaccination against influenza and covid-19Vaccinations against influenza and covid-19 will begin in the coming weeks. Epidemiologist recommends that the following risk groups receive priority: Vaccination for priority groups is free. Vaccination for those who do not belong to these
- Vaccinations for Covid and InfluenzaÍsafjörður: We remind you that you can get vaccinated against Influenza every weekday between 11 and 12. On Wednesday, February 22nd, there will be a simultaneous vaccination for Covid and Influenza. Priority groups The following priority groups apply to […]
- Vaccinations for COVID and InfluenzaÍsafjörður: We remind you that you can get vaccinated against Influenza every weekday between 11 and 12. On Wednesday, January 11, there will be simultaneous vaccination for Covid and Influenza for priority groups. Priority groupsThe following priority groups […]
- No more covid-related restrictionsThere are no longer any covid-related restrictions on the Vestfjörður Health Institute. The excellent rule of not visiting the hospital in Ísafjörður with a cold or illness continues to apply. Mask […]
- Vaccinations for Covid and influenzaVaccinations for COVID and InfluenzaRemember that you can get a vaccination against Influenza every weekday between 11 and 12. On Wednesday, December 14, there will be a simultaneous vaccination for Covid and [...]
- Vaccination for influenza in the southern part of VestfjörðurVaccination for influenza in priority groups has started in the southern part of Vestfjörður. Vaccinations are given every day at 11:00, but you need to book an appointment in advance by calling 450 2000. The Epidemiologist has now authorized […]
Updated 5 December 2022 (HEP)